The Badagry Black Heritage Museum housed in the former district officer’s office built in 1863, holds hundreds of artifacts and historical relics that chronicle more than 300 years of the movement of slaves through Lagos. From the early 1500s, Badagry was one of many trading and transport areas in West Africa for slaves being shipped off to America—it is estimated that roughly 550,000 African slaves passed through this area.
Badagry has many beaches and resorts. It is a vacation, holiday and relaxation town. You can spend a day, weekend or entire vacation with family and loved ones. Badagry is a place where you can enjoy the peace and quiet of Lagos, soak up the calm Atlantic ocean clean breeze, explore traditional Nigerian meals, and reconnect with loved ones in a non distracting environment..
A. What To Bring
1. A camera with spare batteries
B. Things to do while at Black Heritage Museum
1. See the relics of slave trade
2. Educate yourself on slave trade history
3. See the culture of Badagry people pre-slave trade.
4. See the different galleries explaining the various aspects of slave trade