Our Founders have been collecting and dealing in (mainly African) contemporary art for decades. Our passion is driven by the belief that art is the ultimate form of expression of man’s inner most thoughts.
A. For Artists :
Red Door Gallery provides a platform to express their creativity without any societal boundaries. We discourage “predictable art” as predictable art is neither inspirational nor is it collectable.
B. For Collectors & Art Enthusiasts:
Red Door Gallery serves the entire Art value chain. Ranging from collector consulting/advisory to valuation, restorations, private & public commissions, art classes and exhibitions.
Our main gallery is located on Bishop Oluwole Street in Victoria Island, Lagos. We are proud to own one of the largest private art gallery spaces in Nigeria.
C. For Collectors & Enthusiasts:
1. Exhibitions: We hold exceptional exhibitions on a regular basis. Please see our exhibitions page for upcoming events
2. Gallery Hire: Do you want a special private or corporate event? We can customise your event around our spacious gallery and art collection for that touch of class (Non-Smoking events only).
3. Private Sales: Do you have a special artwork that you want to dispose of discreetly? We have a healthy database of international collectors ready to complete transactions within 24 hours. Likewise contact us if there is work from a specific African artist that you want to collect and we will source exceptional pieces on request.
4. Documentation of collections: Your art collection is an asset which must be documented and protected. We will support the documentation of your entire collection including valuation, provenance and if required upload your entire collection on a personal website with restricted access.
5. Valuation: Is that painting on your wall worth a small fortune? We will provide a valuation and if required arrange a private or public sale.
6. Authentication: We assist in getting your works authenticated and research provenance on works in your collection. For unsigned works, we can secure signatures directly from the (living) artist.
7. Advisory: We will advise all categories of collectors from the first-time buyer to the seasoned collector with regards to maximising the impact of your collection, acquisitions and disposals.
8. Restoration: Did your treasured painting/sculpture get damaged? we will organise professional restoration by local or international restorers to the highest standards possible.
9. Collateralisation of your asset: Speak to us on various options on using your art collection to raise capital without losing ownership.
D. For Artists:
1. Art Residency (up to 12 weeks for international artists)